What is Eyebrow tinting?
Eyebrow tint is a form of semi-permanent hair-dye formulated specifically for use on the eyebrows. It helps to define and darken your eyebrows.
Reasons for tinting your eyebrows.
- If you have radically changed your hair colour, for example if you have naturally blonde hair and have recently dyed it brown then tinting your eyebrows will help to blend you hair colour and make it look more natural.
- If you have noticed grey hairs in your eyebrows, again by tinting the brow it will help to cover up any unwanted grey hairs.
- If you desire a thicker looking brow then tinting the downy hair around the eyebrow will help to give the brow a fuller look. The only thing to remember with this is we can only tint hair that is there, if you are unfortunate to have a lack of hair then you may need a more dramatic change and may opt for microblading.
- Tinting your eyebrows can add definition to your face It's amazing what a difference a nice pair of shapely eyebrows can make to the structure of the face. Having neat, defined eyebrows frames the eyes, boosts facial symmetry and creates an attractive high-contrast look.
What happens during the treatment?
Your beautician will apply a pre - clense to your skin to ensure there are no oils present that will affect the tint taking to your brows. They will then comb the tint from the inside corners of the eyebrows to the out, using a disposable applicator. The tint will then need about 5-10 minutes to develop, after which it will be removed using a cotton pad. The tint is likely to stain the skin between the brow hairs initially, making them appear darker in the first day or so than they really are. Don't panic if your brows look strange to you at first - the difference is bound to feel a little odd initially but you'll soon get used to it.
What is eyelash tinting?
Eyelash tint is a form of hair dye developed for specific use on the eyelashes. Eyelash tinting produces a similar effect to mascara. It visibly lengthens, darkens and thickens the appearance of eyelashes without smudging, clotting or rubbing off. Whether you're going on a beach holiday and want to enjoy swimming and water-sports without worrying about panda eyes, or if you're simply curious to see the enhancing effects of darker lashes, then eyelash tinting could be the beauty treatment for you.
Reasons for tinting your eyelashes
- If you have fair lashes having them tinted will enable to to not have to wear mascara. If you have a busy lifestyle this will free up time that is normally spent on eye make up.
- Eyelash tinting it fantastic for pale complexions, blonde and red hair, although beautiful, can have its downsides. Often, people with very pale complexions also have very delicate, pale, barely-there eyelashes. This can create a low-contrast look which hides away the eyes and makes them appear smaller. Eyelash tinting will create that all-important definition and add frame and structure to a pale face.
- Eyelash tinting is soft and gentle for sensitive eyes. People who are allergic to some cosmetics could consider trying eyelash tinting instead. The dye used for the process is usually formulated from vegetable fats for minimum irritation.
- If you have an active lifestyle it may be worth considering having your eyelashes tinted. For anyone who plays sport, goes to the gym regularly or leads a particularly active lifestyle, looking good can be an on-going struggle. One 15 minute eyelash tinting session should help your lashes look effortlessly long and luscious, regardless of sweat, sea water and harsh weather.
What happens during the treatment?
Your beautician will apply a pre-clense to your lashes to remove any oils to ensure the tint takes to your lashes. You beautician will then place tape below your lower lashes to ensure that no tint stains the skin around your eyes. The tint will then be carefully applied to both the upper and lower lashes. The tint will be left for around five to 10 minutes in order to sink into the lashes and set. When the five minutes is up, we will gently wash away the dye, leaving your eyelashes looking darker, longer and thicker than before.
Although the eyelash tint itself is permanent, the effects will only last as long as the growth cycle of your eyelashes. As each dyed lash reaches the end of its growth cycle it will fall out and cause the darker look of your lashes to gradually fade over time. Your eyelash tint will last around 4-6 weeks, depending on the growth cycle of your lashes
Please note that with all tinting procedures you will need a patch test at least 24 hours before your treatment. Unfortunately we cannot accept a patch test that has been performed at another salon as there are many different tints and we cannot guarantee all the ingredients are the same. Patch testing will only take a couple of minutes and you are able to pop into the salon without an appointment to have it done.